This versatile oil skimmer is invaluable for a response team that may need to recover large volumes of oil or fuel during a spill on water. The 30,000L/h weir skimmer is also ideal for permanent deployment in maintenance situations at minesites and for other environmental applications.
Weir skimmers are easily deployed and operated and can be supplied with an integral on-board oil transfer pump (hydraulically-driven) and power pack for a complete package on remote or difficult spill sites.
- This oil skimmer uses a self-adjusting weir that floats and finds the oil/water interface and allows the surface layer (oil) to be drawn over the weir and into the bowl.
- Its specially-designed concertina and floating ring automatically re-adjusts the skimming depth between 10mm to 20mm in choppy waters, minimising the amount of water skimmed.
- Recovery rates up to 30m³/h.
- Lightweight and easily moved, this weir skimmer can be deployed and operated by two people.
- Integral lifting lugs.
- Oil skimmer uses three moulded polyethylene floats.
- Manufactured from stainless steel with foam-filled polyethylene floats.
- Ideal for use with self-priming, suction-type pumps. Optional on-board oil transfer pump (hydraulically driven) and power pack can be included to create a complete package for remote or difficult spill sites. Oil transfer pumps are supplied with delivery hose and quick release camlocks.
- Use optional trash screen to prevent debris from entering the weir.
- For oil spill recovery, the spill should be contained and concentrated/thickened with the use of an oil containment boom. The weir skimmer can then be placed where the oil is thickest.
A smaller, 15,000 litres per hour weir skimmer is also available.
Made in Australia