Our oil and chemical spill response training session has been designed to provide basic training and to instruct personnel on how to safely and practically respond to minor oil and chemical spills.
Such spills may occur within the workshop, factory, plant or external work area – therefore it is important to use correct procedures, equipment and conventions in the workplace.
In addition to keeping fully-stocked spill kits on hand around spill hot spots, it is essential that all staff in the area are familiar with their contents and the basics of how to clean up a spill.
This two hour spill response training session can be carried out in the convenience of your own office, or alternatively we are able to host your team at one of our office locations.
Our oil and chemical spill response training session has been designed to deliver a basic understanding of:
- Determining if a spill is hazardous or non-hazardous
- What to do if a spill is hazardous
- Importance of a Safety Data Sheet (SDS)
- The importance of pre-planning for a spill
- What is an action plan
- Understanding the features and benefits of different types of spill control products
- How to control, contain and clean up a spill
- Disposal and reporting