Our large marine oil and fuel absorbent booms are used to control, contain and clean up oil and fuel spills on waterways including bays, harbours, dams, rivers, ponds and drains.
Large marine oil and fuel absorbent booms are also ideal to protect shorelines, riverbanks and jetties from oil contamination from boats, ships, rigs, barges or dredges, as well as spills from excavators and earthmoving machinery working near water.
Oil and fuel absorbent booms can also be used on land. With their tough outer mesh sleeve and excellent ability to join and stay linked, they are a heavy-duty option for spill control and containment of oily contaminated water from workshops and washpads, as well as stormwater protection at oil and fuel storage and handling facilities.
Oil and fuel absorbents are made from meltblown polypropylene and are colour-coded white for easy identification. These absorbents are able to absorb up to 20 times their own weight in oil and have a fast-wicking action to clean up spills quickly. Oil and fuel absorbents are hydrophobic, which means they repel water. This makes them ideal for cleaning up oil and fuel spills in wet environments, including ponds, sumps, drains, lakes, rivers, creeks or in the rain.
Actual absorbent capacity will vary depending on liquid viscosity, specific gravity and temperature.
Large marine oil and fuel absorbent booms:
- Are a heavy duty, emergency response absorbent boom.
- Feature a heavy-duty, knitted outer mesh sleeve to provide tensile strength and UV protection.
- Are natural buoyant and float partially submerged when saturated with oil.
- Used booms can be squeezed and re-used.
- Feature fast and simple snap hook joiners at each end of the boom to allow multiple booms to be joined together. Joiners are positioned to allow a 300mm overlap between joins, reducing the potential for oil bypass.
- Are highly water-repellent and oleophilic (attract oil).
- Lightweight and simple to use and deploy without the need for specialised PPE.
Large oil and fuel absorbent marine booms can be ordered individually.
To view the full range of marine boom click here