These medium duty, general purpose absorbent pads absorb all liquids including coolant, solvent, degreaser, paint, blood, mild acids and bases, oil, fuel, diesel, petrol and other hydrocarbons.
General purpose absorbents are also known as universal or all-liquid absorbents.
General purpose, all-liquid absorbents are colour-coded grey for easy identification and are ideal for spills of coolant, degreasers, paint, blood, bodily fluids, oils and fuels as well as mild acids, bases and water-based chemicals. General purpose absorbent pads are suitable to use for general maintenance clean ups in workshops, schools, factories, warehouses or anywhere a spill could occur.
General purpose sorbent pads are:
- Great for industrial sites and factories, mine site and maintenance workshops, factory and warehouse floors, panel and paint shops, fuel handling facilities, oil storage depots, vehicle repair shops and transport facilities.
- Standard (medium) duty, polypropylene pads with high absorbency for spills, leaks and drips.
- Tough, durable, non-allergenic and non-hazardous absorbent.
- Easy to use and will not degrade or chemically react with absorbed liquids.
- Able to rapidly absorb spills for improved safety and productivity in the workplace.
- Can be squeezed and re-used.
- Simple and easy to use without the need for specialised PPE.
- Australian made.
Our general purpose sorbents are made from surface-modified polypropylene which has a high absorbent capacity. They are able to absorb up to 20 times their own weight in liquid by encapsulating the liquid within the polypropylene’s fine fibres.
Actual absorbent capacity will vary depending on liquid viscosity, specific gravity and temperature.
General purpose absorbent pads can be ordered in packs of 50 or 100.
A low-lint GP absorbent pad is also available for use in power stations / generating facilities or on hydraulic systems, where cleanliness with minimal contamination is required.