Chemical absorbent socks are used to help contain most acids, bases, coolants, paints, solvents, oils and hazardous chemicals. This small hazchem sock is ideal to use wherever chemicals are stored handled and spilt.
Hazchem (also known as chemical) absorbents are made from meltblown polypropylene which are colour-coded pink for easy identification. These absorbents are able to absorb up to 20 times their own weight in liquids and have a fast-wicking action to clean up spills quickly. Hazchem absorbents are inert and dust-free and will not degrade or chemically react with absorbed liquids.
- Chemical absorbent socks are ideal to keep on hand at chemical processing plants, paint and panel shops, chemical storage and handling facilities, transport warehouses, food and beverage processing plants, printing and automotive workshops.
- Prevent spills from escaping by forming an absorbent barrier around drums, tanks, containers, plant and machinery.
- Protect stormwater drains from chemical contamination.
- Absorbs and cleans up most acids, bases, paints, solvents, hydrocarbons inks, dyes and aggressive water-based liquids on contact.
- Non-allergenic, non-hazardous with no dust.
- Fast wicking action allows quick clean up, reduces potential slip hazards and improves safety in the workplace.
- Chemical absorbent socks are simple to use without the need for specialised PPE.
Chemical absorbent socks are supplied individually.
Actual absorbent capacity will vary depending on liquid viscosity, specific gravity and temperature.
Chemical absorbent socks are able to absorb up to 20 times their own weight in liquid by encapsulating the liquid within the polypropylene’s fine fibres.