Use these chemical absorbent mats to absorb most acids, bases, coolants, paints, solvents, oils and hazardous chemicals. This hazchem mat is ideal to use wherever chemicals are stored, handled and spilt.
Hazchem (also known as chemical) absorbents are made from meltblown polypropylene which are colour-coded pink for easy identification. These absorbents are able to absorb up to 20 times their own weight in liquids and have a fast-wicking action to clean up spills quickly. Hazchem absorbents are inert and dust-free and will not degrade or chemically react with absorbed liquids.
- Chemical sorbent mats are ideal for chemical processing plants, paint and panel shops, chemical storage and handling facilities, transport warehouses, food and beverage processing plants, printing and automotive workshops.
- Absorbs and cleans up most acids, bases, paints, solvents, hydrocarbons inks, dyes and aggressive water-based liquids on contact.
- Hazchem sorbent mats are similar to pads and used for wiping up larger spills.
- Protect stormwater drains from chemical contamination.
- Non-allergenic, non-hazardous with no dust.
- Fast wicking action allows quick clean up, reduces potential slip hazards and improves safety in the workplace.
- Chemical absorbent mats are simple to use without the need for specialised PPE.
Chemical absorbent mats are supplied in packs of 20.
Need something smaller? Hazchem absorbents are also available in a smaller 45cm x 45cm pad.
Actual absorbent capacity will vary depending on liquid viscosity, specific gravity and temperature.
A chemical absorbent mat is able to absorb up to 20 times its own weight in liquid by encapsulating the liquid within the polypropylene’s fine fibres.